How do gravity and grace define current-day life in the digital age?
A meeting of two conflicting forces: on one hand, the idea of mass and gravity, and all the power that draws us earthwards; on the other, the unburdened fluidity of grace and elegance, which bring the positive momentum of beauty into play. Creative thinkers from a variety of fields the world over pick up the ball and explore with this subject through short presentations and in conversations. Speakers include:
* CECILIA BENGOLEA, dancer, Argentina
* ARNO BRANDLHUBER, architect, Berlin
* ELIZABETH DILLER, architect, DS+R, US
* RAVIT HELLED, astrophysicist, Israel
* LENA HENKE, artist, Germany
* THOMAS HIRSCHHORN, artist, Switzerland
* ISABEL NOLAN, artist, UK
* PHOEBE PHILO, fashion designer, France/UK
* SMILJAN RADIC, architect, Chile
* CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, actress, UK
* TOMÁS SARACENO, artist, Argentina
* HEJI SHIN, artist, Korea
* JUERGEN TELLER, fashion photographer, Germany
The 2019 programme is curated by DANIEL BAUMANN (Director, Kunsthalle Zürich), BICE CURIGER (Artistic Director, Fondation Vincent van Gogh Arles), HANS ULRICH OBRIST (Artistic Director, Serpentine Galleries London) and PHILIP URSPRUNG (Professor of History of Art and Architecture and Dean of the Department of Architecture at ETH Zurich).